The IYTA Committee would like to hear from you if you have interest in contributing to the Association, the Diploma of Yoga Teaching and its ongoing development.
We are looking for an Office Administrator to manage the administration and finance for IYTA to support the ongoing management of members and the promotion and delivery of IYTA courses, workshops and events.
Note - this is a paid role, with an expected minimum of three (3) days per week.
Key responsibilities may include such things as:
- Work with the Course Coordinator to administer and manage IYTA courses, workshops and students
- Manage IYTA members and memberships
- Help administer sales and marketing activity to promote IYTA memberships and courses
- Help manage and update course material and relevant organisational documentation
- Manage the day to day financial operations under the guidance of the Treasurer
- Produce reports for the Committee of Management
We're looking for someone who has:
- A breadth of experience working in finance and administration
- An ability to be adaptable, innovative and agile and comfortable working in a small team where everyone works together to get the job done
- The ability to work flexibly, think outside the box and solve problems to maximize resources and manage tight budgets
- A passion for working in the not for profit sector and desire to make a difference in this space through their work
- Experience of yoga is not necessary, however a curiosity and interest in the wellbeing space is essential
If this sounds like you, please register your interest now!
IYTA Post Graduate Course Manager
- management and growth of all post graduate courses (including YIN, Prenatal and various workshops throughout the year) both online and face-to-face
- technically minded with good people skills plus some marketing knowledge is required (will provide training in our website and course software systems)
- must be a Full IYTA member
- available to assist lecturers with setup of face-to-face workshops and residentials
- available to work with President, DYT Course Manager and Secretary every Monday 10-4pm in Thornleigh, the other one/two days can be flexible from home (contact during these days is required)
- available to attend COM meetings held every month
IYTA Course Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen within IYTA to become a part of this non profit organisation. IYTA Course Manager is a strategic role overseeing the IYTA Diploma of Yoga Teaching with a transition to also overseeing IYTA Post Graduate courses.
Ideally the candidate would start in November 2017 for the 2018 student intake. This role requires the ability to liaise with Course faculty, students and IYTA Committee.
This is a part-time, working from home position of at least 3 days per week. A sound competency with technology and ability to learn Moodle and other online platforms is desirable. Good communications skills are required. Experience in the tertiary education sector is a distinct advantage.
Must have IYTA membership and some knowledge of IYTA’s Diploma Teacher Training Course.
Committee members & Association assistance
Would you like to participate in our regular IYTA Committee meetings?
Position open for application:
- must be a Full IYTA member who would like to contribute towards the running of IYTA as a non profit organisation
- can meet on a regular basis in Sydney and help guide the organisation through this growth phase.
- interested in taking a constructive role and contributing to the management and organisation of the IYTA Committee of Management
IYTA Committee members
IYTA Social Media Team
- learn about social media AND help promote IYTA.
- are available to those who wish to provide Seva back to IYTA. This can involve working with the Membership Secretary, Web Manager, Treasurer, Marketing Manager, State Reps etc.
Diploma of Yoga Teaching
Have you ever thought about being a lecturer? We are also looking for expressions of interest in the area of Trainee Lecturers and Interns.
Lecturers are teachers who have been teaching regularly for some time and have continued their Continuing Professional Development, are IYTA Full members and feel equipped to be able to teach others in their area of speciality.
Positions open for application are:
- Senior Asana Lecturer
- Business Lecturer
A Trainee Lecturer is an experienced teacher who would be interested in learning some extra techniques related to presenting within the curriculum.
The Curriculum areas are:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yogic Philosophy and Physiology
- Pranayama & Meditation
An Intern is a person who is interested in assisting one of the curriculum teams administratively, who may or may not have a view to moving into a trainee lecturer.
Roles open for expressions of interest are:
- Pranayama and Meditation